JellyPages.com

Monday, May 23, 2011

Where's Bono? by Eli Martinez

Recently, there was a massive tornado that hit the town of Joplin, Missouri killing 89 people. It was a tragedy that spoke volumes. Houses were reduced to rubble and the whole town was just torn to shreds. It is not only sad to witness the aftermath, but it makes your heart sink. No one deserves to go through any of that. The human race as a species is quite complicated, but there comes a time in life where you have to completely set everything aside and unite for a greater good. I, for one, have values, I stand for something and that is to be the person you possibly can be. It's hard to have hope when everything and everyone around you seems so negative, but there is no reason to ever do so.
While Joplin was being completely destroyed, I had a life-changing experience while working in the rain with a friend. A car stopped, a lady named Susan and her son offered us a ride home. I felt a huge amount of gratitude, I felt like I almost wanted to hug her and cry. I just had to walk in the rain, but could you imagine how those people in Joplin might feel if we could help, even in the slightest way?
I propose we hold a concert. We have so many talented musicians. All the proceeds should benefit the victims of this devastating tornado. I stand for all that is good in the universe. There has to be a difference. Vanguard can make a difference. Something must be done. What do you stand for?

No comments: