JellyPages.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Service makes a difference

The year is coming to an end! All students' last day of service is this Friday. Students shared memories and things they've learned at their service sites during team this morning.

"Service may be over on June 3, but that does not mean girls can wear short-shorts! Please keep those short shorts for the weekend," said Ms. O'Neill.

"The best memory at Miner was the first day because I was nervous and everyone there helped me get past it." -Amanda Pazdzioch. Service site: Miner Elementary

"One thing I learned is that kids look up to teenagers a lot, so we need to be role models." -Enrique Loaiza. Service site: Forestview Elementary

"Being at Ridge has taught me so many things about myself. It has taught me to have so much patience and that I love working with kids on the Autism spectrum." -Val Carley. Service site: Ridge Elementary

"The best part of my service site was meeting new people and going to Pennsylvania." -Matt Beutel. Service Site: Empire Beauty School

"I learned how to put tires on rims and how to do tire rotations." -Jorge Orellana. Service Site: Formula Marathon Station

"I learned that teaching kids isn't as easy at it looks." -Christy Ochoa. Service site: Ridge Elementary

"They gave me a book filled with letters on my last day and they were sad to see me leave." Matt Glatczak. Service Site: Devonshire

"My best memory was when I saw a smile on the kids' faces when I bought them snacks." Gio Rodriguez. Service site: Forestview Elementary

"I learned that to work with kids, you need a lot of patience...and I don't want kids until I'm 30!" Jenny Rodriguez. Service site: Ridge Elementary

Annemarie Schaefer

No comments: