JellyPages.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Meet the Staff! 13


Marilyn Medina-Perez is Vanguard’s new social worker. This is her first year and she’s a huge hit with all the students. Ms. Medina-Perez was named Illinois’ 2010 School Social Worker of the Year. Besides her love for chocolate, helping adolescents is her passion.


AMS: What’s your most embarrassing moment?
MMP: I have so many embarrassing moments. I can’t name just one.


AMS: If you could time travel, what year would you go to?
MMP: I would probably go to Europe during the jazz era.


AMS: If you were stranded on a tropical island, what are three things you would bring with you?
MMP: I’d bring my husband, a lighter and chocolate.


AMS: What’s your best high school memory?

MMP: All my friends and I went to Michigan Avenue in our dresses after prom. It was great.


AMS: Where do you see yourself in fifteen years?

MMP: I hope I’ll be considering retirement and focusing on opening my own therapy practice.


AMS: What’s your dugout song?
MMP: “We will rock you” by Queen.


AMS: Who would play you in a movie of your life?
MMP: Penelope Cruz would play me.


AMS: What dance describes you?
MMP: The Salsa and The Tango. They have so much history.


AMS: If you were on death row, what would be your last supper?

MMP: I’d have steak with sweet potato casserole with a double fudge chocolate cake from Portillo’s.


AMS: Do you have Beiber Fever?

MMP: No. He doesn’t draw me.


Interview by Annemarie Schaefer

No comments: