JellyPages.com

Monday, November 24, 2008

Team Koz supports grad into the next chapter

Kristine Verdico came to Vanguard High School from Hersey High School on December 5, 2005. She describes herself a girl who desperately needed guidance in her past. Today, she is now a driven young woman striving for greatness.

Verdico is always up to a challenge such as camping and Upward Bound . There is always something new and exciting she wants to accomplish.

“In Kristine I see a sense of curiosity, a desire to learn. And I respect that. It will serve her well throughout her life,” said teacher Robert Koralik.

Verdico is appreciated and will be missed by her peers. “Kristine always tells you it straight up, she doesn’t hold things back. We have gone through a lot of issues that we have overcome. She has only been my friend for a short time but in that short time, she has had my back,” said Becky Leffelman.

With Verdico’s graduation day only a few short weeks away, she said, “I am going to miss everything. Vanguard has become my second home. Vanguard has taught me a lot about myself.”

Verdico hasn’t wasted anytime as for the future ahead of her, she said, “After I graduate, I’m starting second semester at Harper. Maybe after Community College I can go to a University to pursue a career in sign language.”

Before Verdico came to Vanguard she was a different person, she said. “I didn’t care about school but when I came to Vanguard that changed.”

Teachers make Vanguard what it is. Verdico said, “All the teachers have had a lot of influence on me in one way or another.”

She added on “Dr. Koralik has had life experiences and has so much insight. He has taught me so much.”

Class discussion is something Verdico will take with her in her life after high school. “Ms. DeMeo taught me to look at things from a different perspective.”

“My team leader “Koz” has always been very supportive of me.” At Vanguard a Team is like a family. Verdico said, “My team is Team Koz. Some of the students and teachers have said we are very close. I am so proud to be a part of such a wonderful team. I am going to miss them all.” Kristine is described as the team mom by fellow team members.

On behalf of Team “Koz” whatever road Kristine decides to take we will support her.

We will miss you Kristine.

By Jaclyn Cimarusti

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life”.

Dr. David M. Burns

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This girl is ridiculously generous.

About 20 minutes ago, I traded her $3.23 in change for $4 in singles.

She said I could keep the quarters I have because she didn't like them.

$3.23 to likee, $6-$7.

Whutta girlll. ;]

Anonymous said...

Oh, parting is such sweet sorrow! Kristine (a former Team DeMeo member) will be sorely missed. She has a lot of Vanguard Spirit and loyalty. Students like her make my job so much more enjoyable! I will miss Kristine and all the Dr. Pepper she's given me! - DeMeo

Anonymous said...

so i know it's like bad to leave a comment on your own thing! but vanguard has been my home for so long! i don't know what i'm going to do, but you have all helped me prepare so i know i'm going to succeed in life! thanks to everyone!!!