JellyPages.com

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Meet the staff!


A Vanguardian interview with Annemarie Schaefer and Joseph Impastato took place on October 14, 2010, in the tech center. This is the first interview in the latest weekly blog segment called "Meet the staff".


Mr. Joseph "Pasta" Impastato is a very well-known man around Vanguard. He is very busy, and hard working at what he does. There's hardly a free minute in his day. In the 10 minutes it took to interview him, three students interrupted us to ask him for help. Pasta's job includes working with students one-on-one with assignments, coordinating and recruiting students for Music Club, soothing students and staff with the horrific printer catastrophes, charming the lunch ladies, and going on long rants about music and movies. If you see him, say hi and he'll talk your ear off.


AMS: What is your most embarrassing moment?

JVI: In junior high, a magician came to my school for an assembly. When he asked for a volunteer, I raised my hand and was called up on stage in front of everyone. He held up a dictionary and told me to close my eyes and point at a word while he flipped through the book. After that, he held up a banner that had the word I picked in bold letters. It said, ”MENSTRUATION”. The whole school laughed at me, and I think I peed my pants a little.


AMS: If you could time travel, what year would you go to?

JVI: I’d go to 1968 because that period of time changed the world. It was the biggest year in American history for movements and civil rights. Something revolutionary happened every single month of ‘68.


AMS: If you were stranded on a tropical island, what are three things you would bring with you?

JVI: I would bring an umbrella, sunglasses, and a swiss army knife.


AMS: What is your greatest high school memory?

JVI: During the prom fashion show, I was modeling a tux. I moonwalked across the entire stage and every one cheered for me.


AMS: What is your dream job?

JVI: My dream job is working here as a real teacher.


AMS: Where do you see yourself in 15 years?

JVI: In fifteen years, I want to have a house with a dishwasher, central air conditioning, a washer, a dryer, and a backyard.


AMS: What is your dug out song?

JVI: We will rock you/We are the champions - Queen. This really was my dug out song. I played baseball from ages 10 to 18. My team and I would play this song in the dug out, but then we were told to stop. So we would sing and clap our hands to the song instead.


AMS: Who would play you in a movie of your life?

JVI: Mathew Lilard, Ethan Embry, or Daniel Tosh


AMS: What dance describes you?

JVI: The white boy shuffle!


AMS: What would be your last supper if you were on death row?

JVI: Kampai. Every thing there is just awesome, dude.


AMS: Do you have Beiber Fever?

JVI: Only for Jordan.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Very well written, not to mention the interview really showed the essence of what Vanguard staff really represent.