JellyPages.com

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Just like Family

Teachers at Vanguard High School mean the world to so many of their students. Through the good and bad times they have stood by us. Vanguard student, Liz Ojeda, said, "The teachers at Vanguard changed my life for the better. They made me realize that school doesn’t have to be hell. They understand me like no one else. They are my family."

To add on Vanguard student, Chris Carter, said," My team leader is like a secondary father. If I lost mine I know that he wold be there."

Vanguard is a community of students coming from various District 214 schools. It is more then just a school it is big crazy family. Vanguard student, Cheyenne Reyna, said, "Ms. McCann is my team leader. She listens when I have a problem. She connects with me on a level that no one else does."

To add on Vanguard student, Becky Leffelman, said, Mrs. Demeo is the teacher I am closest with. She actually sits with me at lunch and we have conversations. She had taught me so much about life and art."

The teachers at Vanguard are more then teachers they are friends. When it seems like the whole world is falling down on us they're right there helping us up. Vanguard student, Maria Bahena, said, "If Mr. Kain would have given on me I would have dropped out. Because of his patience and unfaltering faith in me, I am graduating. I am glad he didn't give up on me."

Article By: Jaclyn Cimarusti


"If kids come to us teachers from strong, healthy functioning families, it makes our job easier. If they do not come to us from strong, healthy, functioning families, it makes our job more important.” -Barbara Colorose

No comments: