JellyPages.com

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Be Not Afraid Of Greatness

With graduation just around the corner Vanguard High School seniors are feeling the pressure to finish up classes. With all the excitement about graduating there is also fear. Krystal Vargas, Vanguard senior, said, "I'm scared of graduating".  Four years ago all we wanted to do was get older, now we want to find a way to make it stop. Abraham Lincoln, once said, "The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. "

Vanguard has helped us recognize what we can accomplish. The teachers have helped us through tough times and we are sincerely grateful.  Bianca LaCour, Vanguard senior, said, " I'm excited to start the next chapter of my life. I feel honored that the teachers at Vanguard are helping me graduate on time. Finally graduation is just around the corner. "

Adding on Sarah Jackson, Vanguard senior, said, " I'm really upset about having to leave Vanguard. I have been here for so long it feels weird that it is almost over. But the possibilities of college make me excited about starting this new chapter of my life. I will miss what I have to leave behind but I will embrace the future with open arms."

Many of us thought graduation was not even a possibility. Vanguard made it a reality. Vanguard student, Marissa Sneider, said, "I'm sad about graduation but I am also happy. Vanguard is like a second family but its time to move forward."

Seniors of 2009 have bright futures awaiting them. Though fear may strive within us so does hope. We are growing up and it is scary, but it is reality. Liz Ojeda said it best "I'm scared of graduating. Next month I'm done. High school went by so fast. I am scared but I am not going to let my fear stop me from doing something with my life."

Article By: Jaclyn Cimarusti

 

 

No comments: