JellyPages.com

Friday, January 17, 2014

saying goodbye to Dr. Medina-Perez

As I sit here soaked in my tears the only thing going through my head is "COME BACK, COME BACK!" As if she only left to another country. She is gone, I wont see her again and that is something that I cannot accept. I cant even begin to try and understand what her husband is going through. When I got home I was hoping no one would be there so I can just put down this act and just explode in tears and yell "come back" like if she wasn't far and can hear me.

This is a dream and this isn't real is what I keep telling myself. That she's going to show up at vanguard and tell us this was all just some kind of joke. I figured maybe if I trick myself into thinking this just wasn't reality then I would be alright. People keep asking if I'm okay, of course I say I am because that is what society expects us to say. I'm not going to say no I'm not okay. Someone that I just poured out my past, present and then future goals just passed away to fucking cancer. Someone that helped me make BIG decisions and taught me so much about life and myself that I didn't even know existed. Dr. Medina-Perez.

You knew so much about everything. But if you only knew where I was today and how I make beyond better decisions than the last time we talked, you would be proud of me. Remember when I would walk into your office and talk about these awesome books, philosophy, and just about anything you can think of we talked abut. And then we decided to trade books because you were interested in the book i was reading and vise vera. Well I still have the one you let borrow with that awesome book mark you gave me. I wrote on post-its so I wouldn't write in your book. Anyway, I wanted to say thank you. You and Koralik were the reason why I even got up in the morning to show up for school when I did. If i would have known this was going to happen i would have came every day. You did something I though was never going to be possible. Get me to go to school. You did so much to help me stay sane. If there was a different social worker at Vanguard when I got here, I probably wouldn't be alive. Little did you know you saved a life. You inspired me to do great things, and those great things I WILL do. I wish I could just see you one more time and tell you how you impacted my life massively.
I will NEVER forget you,Ill see you soon.
Rest In Peace.

by Kelsey Ramirez, editor-in-chief

No comments: