JellyPages.com

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Parking Lot is Flooded 
(and I'm Stuck on Compass Learning)
By: Emily Casey


Greetings, Vipers. 
Currently, the situation outside of our cozy school's walls looks a bit like this:

 (Lake Vanguard is awaiting speed boat season)

How this even happened, I am really not sure. Yesterday, I was enjoying a nice Chipotle burrito at lunch while watching the rain lightly drizzle onto the pavement. This morning, I woke up to cracks of thunder and lightning and a puddle several inches deep beneath my car door. I unwillingly made the trek to school in my not suitable-for-this-weather Honda Accord. Upon arrival,  I discovered a parking lot resembling the Great Lakes. Lovely. I quickly weighed my options. "Should I turn around and go home?" "Did my mom not tell me the school called to alert of a closing?" "Should I just drive around the dry parking lot and search for familiar cars?" I decided on my last thought and pulled around Forest View to find Mr. Gustafson looking thrilled to be outside. He ushered me into school where I carried on with a regular school day. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits, though all felt the need to vocally describe the depth and size of the pooled water. Thank you, by the way,  I hadn't noticed it on my half-hour parking adventure. Anyways, being holed up in school with 3 feet of water outside the doors is not very appealing. It seems to be making everyone more tired and irritable than normal, with me included. I have been watching U.S. History II unfold before my eyes via Compass Learning for the past 3 hours. This post is really just me ranting. Sorry. Not like you have anything better to do than read this, anyways. Unless, of course, you get the bright idea to go swimming in the street like I did in 2008. (By the way, you will be at risk for E. Coli. My mom didn't let me out for a week after that.) Enjoy your rainy day and don't drive, please. We already witness how bad Chicago drivers are when it is barely cloudy out, so I'd hate to see the traffic massacre that a flood would cause. Watch Netflix or something, kid. 
Lake Vanguard doesn't look like it will dry up anytime soon. 

P.S. The day already sucks, so why not make it worse?
Here is Chicago's pride and joy, sinking to a murky death:

  

 

No comments: